Now that you are in paradise, what else can you do beyond enjoying the wonderful view?
Holbox Island offers a unique energy of serenity and inspiration that can truly transform you! It's true that its turquoise waters can take you to a deep state of relaxation.
But let's talk about those places where you can delight your senses and enjoy the pleasure of sharing with other travelers.
BEST HOT SPOTS IN HOLBOX
The bohemian chic atmosphere of the island offers a numerous of tasteful and unique restaurants to try the authentic author's cuisine. Here are a few hot spots to visit in Holbox Island that we love because of its authentic vibes and Caribbean soul:
- Ser Esencia Restaurant: the place to try the creations by chef Roberto Solis and the menu inspired by Yucatan cuisine.
- Take your bike and explore the plaza and the little sandy streets where you'll find art everywhere! Holbox is known for its beautiful street art and murals from different international artists.
- Watch the sunset in Punta Coco. We love this spot because of its serenity and quietness. Hint: it's a fantastic scenario for taking pictures!
- At night, take a walk towards downtown to find the cutest stores where you can find handmade clothes and bags with a Mexican touch.
- Have dinner in Luuma Restaurant, a must! Everyone loves the beautiful atmosphere and delicious tapas they offer.
- Did someone say lobster pizza? You can find it in the two most delicious pizza places in town: Roots Pizza and El Hornito Argento.
- If you want to go for a nice cocktail, we recommend you Piedra Santa. The whole place is an ode to the boho-chic vibes of the Mayan Riviera.
- This is the island's best kept secret! You can see birds like pelicans, herons, and sea ducks almost everywhere but the beach in Chimay is the place where they rest and eat. A lovely place to meditate and enjoy the silence of nature.
- And speaking about divine beings, visit Punta Mosquito for watching flamingos from afar. Holbox is part of Yum Balam natural reserve and it's mandatory to stay at least 500 meters away from such wonderful creatures. We recommend you to bring a good lense for your camera or a binoculars.
- Visit our Mojito's beach club where you can try authentic Cuban mojito recipes while enjoying a whole day on the beach.
We are waiting for you with open hearts and sandy feet.